Post-Apocalypse #1

These will probably be posted out of order at times so the title numbers just refers to this being the first excerpt from the series to be posted not the actual first journal entry.


     It had been a long time between meals.  The meat on the old man's fire smelled wonderful.  Almost intoxicating.  But those bones could only come from one thing.
     "Monster!" I called him
     "Abomination!"
     I had been raised with stories of what becomes of a man who consumes the flesh of another man.  "Ain't been out in the wastes too long have ya?"  came his calm reply.  "Out here it's about survival.  we eat all the animals.  What is a man really but just another animal?" 
     The gleam in his eye as he said that last bit set me running off into the darkness as far and as fast as my legs would carry me.  Afraid to stop or sleep for fear the old man or one like him might find me.   Anxious to be out of these infernal wastes and to find what was left of my home.

Comments

Popular Posts